Middle East conflict live updates: Israeli military says strikes that killed Gaza aid workers were ‘grave mistake’

Middle East conflict live updates: Israeli military says strikes that killed Gaza aid workers were ‘grave mistake’

This live coverage has ended. For the latest updates, please go here.

The Israel Defense Forces said Tuesday evening that according to a preliminary inquiry, the deaths Monday of seven aid workers for World Central Kitchen had been the result of a “misidentification — at night during a war in very complex conditions.” IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi called the incident a “grave mistake,” and said the strike “was not carried out with the intention of harming WCK aid workers,” echoing earlier remarks by Israeli President Isaac Herzog and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The food aid nonprofit said earlier Tuesday that it would immediately halt operations in the region. The victims, who were identified by the aid group in a statement Tuesday evening, included a dual citizen of the United States and Canada, an Australian citizen, a Polish citizen, a Palestinian and three British citizens.  » …
Read More

0 I like it
0 I don't like it